Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Photography Can Be Frustrating Or Can Be Exciting

There were a lot of times that i get frustrated in Photography and there were times that it makes me excited as well. Frustrating whenever i see impressive and very excellent images taken by other photographers using not as latest as my camera. While i have a very nice camera but are not able to take those very stunning shots. I know i am just barely embracing this hobby and i am already comparing myself to those photographers that's been taking photos for years and years. I am not envy though, for i know i will learn eventually what they have been doing, in perfect time i will, i just need more time. Tweaking the settings of the camera, as what the speaker in the class i attended before said that, it's just all about skills.

Some photographers likes to enhance their photographs using photoshop. I myself is one lazy person when it comes to editing images. For i am so dumb doing all that kind of stuff plus i have no patience doing it. I only put watermarks on my photos but no more enhancement beyond that. My photographs are almost straight out of camera shots, no enhancements or whatsoever. I admire those photographs that are enhanced but i am more impressed of the Straight out of camera images.

This image below was taken not too long ago. I was practicing tweaking the settings of my camera and learned a little more about it. I am just glad that there are some photographers that are kind enough to share their knowledge about photography. Thanks to youtube too, they were able to upload their tutorials, from basic to advanced... So here's what i came up after practicing for a little bit. Looks like my potato is scared in this photo, but no, he just barely got up from an afternoon nap and wanted me to pick him up. I was doing something else and because he is a bossy baby, he cried and screamed and did not stop until i finally picked him up.
Scared or looking into something?

No comments: